Edged-connected Shims: "Mini-Assembly-Kits"
The Lamivario® edge-welded, edge-bonded or bundled shims range includes products which involve the compilation of materials while still constituting one single tolerance compensation element.
Multi-layer products made of different materials and with different thicknesses are combined under the term M-Tech®P. The material structure and connection type can be determined by the customer here.
The following advantages can be realized using Lamivario® edge-connected shims:
- The connection types of the material structure can be selected as desired. Typical examples here are edge-gluing, bundling (with and without cable ties) and spot-gluing between the layers. What they all have in common is the easy separation of the individual layers, thus permitting large and very small adjustment steps very quickly.
- Layers that have been removed can be reused.
- Different material thicknesses and/or types can be easily recognized by different colours.
- Low-cost but corrosion-endangered materials can be protected by corrosion-free layers.
- Because the layers can be pushed against one another, these shims also fit onto surfaces that are curved on one axis.
- Impermeability can be achieved by using sealing compounds and adhesives.