Information for clients and other affected parties
Information on data processing
As a customer and an interested party or other affected person, we process your personal data primarily to justify and fulfil a contractual relationship entered into with you, or for reasons of a justified interest. Your data is recorded by us, stored and passed on to the extent that it is necessary to do so in order to render the contractually agreed service, to provide information and to conduct direct marketing activities or other business activities. Non-provision can have as a consequence that the contract cannot be concluded. Moreover, we only process your data if you have given your consent to it or other legal authorization has been presented.
Purposes of data processing
We process your personal data in order to fulfil the following purposes connected with the initiation and execution of a contractual relationship or other activities which serve the interests of the company:
- Conclusion of the contract (including shipment, after sales, complaints management)
- Communication with business partners about products, services and projects, and to answer inquiries, customer service
- Canvassing of existing customers, use as a selection criterion for direct marketing in order to offer them service customized to suit their needs
- Credit rating checks
- Management of our customer and supplier relations, dealership care
- Quality management
- Improvement and development of intelligent and innovative services
- Customer analysis of the market and opinion research
- Handling of our logistics/ materials management
- Reporting about our company
- Compliance with legal or contractual requirements
- Solving of legal disputes, enforcement of contracts and assertion, defence and exercising of legal claims, disclosure and prosecution of fraudulent and other illegal activities
Beyond this, we only process your data with your express declaration of consent.
Data types processed by us
The following personal data is processed by us:
- Contact data; name, address, telephone number
- Identification/payment data; account number, VAT ID No.
- Order data: quantity, turnover, intervals
- Geo data: addresses, delivery terms
- Photo data: photos and video recordings taken at company events and trade fairs
- Other data: other necessary information relating to the business relationship or provided voluntarily, as well as from publicly accessible sources
Categories of recipient
The personal data is transferred to affiliated companies, supervisory authorities, legal service providers/auditors as necessary in each instance. If we are legally obliged to do so, we will release your data to the responsible authority on request.
These service providers are carefully selected by us, commissioned in writing and obliged to comply with our instructions. Our service providers are monitored regularly by us. The service providers will not pass on this data to any third parties, they will delete it upon fulfilment of the contract and expiry of legal retention periods unless you have given your consent to storage periods in excess of this.
The service providers in question include banking and payment service providers, logistics companies, specialized tradesman’s businesses, IT service providers and software manufacturers, marketing service providers etc.
Legal basis for processing
The legal regulations governing the processing your data are in particular:
- Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) on the basis of consent from you; consent of this kind is fundamentally not required, however, for the conclusion or continuation of a contract
- Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) for the justification, execution and termination of a contractual relationship
- Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c for the fulfilment of a legal obligation
- Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) for the upholding of a justified interest
Our justified interests lie here in the achieving of the above-mentioned goals and in addition in:
- Fulfilment of our business interests, including direct marketing and credit rating checks
- The raising of efficiency and effectiveness potential, also in collaboration with partners and, if appropriate, with affiliated companies
- Assurance of compliance with security regulations, conditions, industrial standards and contractual obligations
- The assertion, exercising or defence of legal claims
- The avoidance of damage to and/or liability on the part of the company by means of the appropriate measures
- The conducting of information and communication measures, including advertising
- Reporting on company information
Where customer analysis is concerned, your data is processed either in anonymized form or, if anonymised processing is not possible or practicable for technical reason, in pseudonymized form.
Some of the afore-mentioned processes or services are executed by carefully selected and commissioned service providers. We convey personal data to or receive if from these service providers solely on the basis of a processing agreement. If a service provider’s seat of business is outside the European Union or European Economic Area, information is exchanged via a third country. The legal requirements of the corresponding data privacy agreements for establishing an appropriate level of data protection are contractually agreed with these service providers in order to establish an appropriate level of data protection along with the corresponding guarantees.
Data collected by third parties
Data may be made available to us by third parties within the scope of recommendations and such like. In cases of this kind, the information received is usually contact data in combination with data on concrete product and/or service requirements.
We may obtain data from credit reporting agencies regarding creditworthiness and/or negative characteristics.
Once each purpose has been met, your data is deleted in compliance with legal retention deadlines.
Audio and video conferences
For communication with our customers, we use Microsoft Teams as a conference tool. The provider is Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA.
We have concluded an order processing agreement (AVV) with Microsoft. This is a contract required by data protection law, which ensures that it only processes the personal data of our website visitors in accordance with our instructions and in compliance with the DSGVO.
The conference tool collects the data you provide/enter to use the tool (email address and/or your phone number). Furthermore, the conference tool processes the duration of the conference, start and end (time) of participation in the conference, number of participants and other “contextual information” related to the communication process (metadata).
Furthermore, the provider of the tool processes all technical data required to handle the online communication. This includes in particular IP addresses, MAC addresses, device IDs, device type, operating system type and version, client version, camera type, microphone or loudspeaker as well as the type of connection.
If content is exchanged, uploaded or otherwise made available within the tool, this is also stored on the servers of the tool providers. Such content includes, but is not limited to, cloud recordings, chat/instant messages, voicemails uploaded photos and videos, files, whiteboards and other information shared while using the service.
Purpose and legal basis
The conference tools are used to communicate with prospective or existing contractual partners or to offer certain services to our customers (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO). Furthermore, the use of the tools serves the general simplification and acceleration of communication with us or our company (legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO). Insofar as consent has been requested, the tools in question are used on the basis of this consent; consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future.
Duration of storage
The data collected directly by us via the video and conference tools is deleted from our systems as soon as you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to store it or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies. Stored cookies remain on your terminal device until you delete them. Mandatory legal retention periods remain unaffected.
We have no influence on the storage period of your data, which is stored by the operators of the conference tools for their own purposes. For details, please contact the operators of the conference tools directly.