Information from applicants
If you apply for a job with our company, we will process and store your personal data.
We take your privacy very seriously and would therefore like to inform you here about the handling of your application data.
Purpose of data collection
Before joining our company and/or during the application process, we process your personal data solely for the purpose of establishing a contractual relationship to the full extent required.
Data types processed by us
The following personal data types are processed on a regular basis:
- Applicant data: name, date of birth, CV, nationality/work permit etc. for the hiring and selection process, recruitment and termination management
- Private contact data: address, telephone number, e-mail (for the purpose of making contact)
- Data required within the scope of personnel screening: (e.g. good conduct certificate, background check)
- Data subject to professional secrecy: e.g. data on health suitability and possible restrictions where applicable
- Other personnel administration data: severe disability (if relevant), possession of a driving licence
We do not require any information which cannot be used within the provisions of the General Law on Equal Treatment (AGG), such as race, ethnic origin, gender, pregnancy, details of physical or mental illness, membership in a trade union, religion or ideology, disability, age, sexual identity or sex life.
We request that you do not send information of this kind to us. The same applies to content which is suitable to infringe the rights of third parties (e.g copyright, intellectual property rights or other immaterial goods rights, press law or the general rights of third parties).
Legal basis for processing
- For the justification, execution and termination of a contractual relationship in line with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit.b) in conjunction with Art. 26 German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG in the version of 25.5.2018 or later)
- To fulfil a legal obligation in line with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit.c)
- In the event of processing in order to uphold a justified interest in line with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f),
- On the basis of consent given by you through the voluntary disclosure of data not essential for the purpose, such as hobbies in a CV, (consent of this kind is fundamentally not required, however, for the conclusion or continuation of a contract) in line with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit a).
Our justified interests lie in the following areas, for example:
- The optimization of application processes
- The achieving of efficiency gains through the consolidation of services in individual group companies (especially human resources, IT)
- Assurance of compliance with security regulations, conditions, industrial standards and contractual obligations
- The assertion, exercising or defence of legal claims
- The avoidance of damage to and/or liability on the part of the company by means of the appropriate measures
Categories of recipient
- Internal recipients in line with the “need to know” principle
- Companies affiliated by corporate law (group companies) with joint responsibility;
inquiries about the essential contents on the ruling concerning tasks relating to the rights of affected persons can be forwarded to the listed contact address but according to Art. 26 Para. 3 GDPR, these rights can be claimed by affected persons in all companies.
Your data is deleted after each purpose has been met. Data is retained, however, for as long as it takes to defend legal claims. The maximum storage period is usually 6 months. If your profile was given to us by a personnel service provider who has the right to a commission, the deletion deadline can be extended until these rights have been fulfilled oe expired. If processing relevant to accounting has been undertaken, such as the refunding of travel expenses, the data required to do so is usually deleted after 6 or 10 years under observance of the legal retention periods. If the application was successful and we sign a contract with you, we transfer the data collected within the scope of the application process to your personnel file.