Positive effects can be identified in peripheral manufacturing processes and with the product itself.
• Lower machine configuration costs: avoid extensive mechanical measures when adjusting components prior to assembly.
• Lower component costs: tolerances on the components themselves can be increased by using shims, thus reducing production costs.
• Shorter processing times: the adjustment elements are available at the point of assembly. This means shorter logistical processes during the manufacture of the components, because machine processing is reduced or avoided altogether.
• Simple handling enhances user satisfaction: the selection of the suitable material type – M-Tech®L, M-Tech®S or M-Tech®P – produces individual handling benefits.
Advantages of the metallic shims:
• Low price and fast combination of coarse and fine shims: The time required for the adjustment process can be reduced by combining solid and laminated shims. Thanks to its specific format, which is similar to that of a tear-off calendar, M-Tech®P in particular facilitates fast tolerance compensation. Both removed and remaining elements can be used.
• Precise adjustment of dimensions: the foil thickness determines the adjustment step. Tolerances can be compensated precisely up to 0.05 mm, depending on the product.
• Different base materials: You can choose between stainless steel and brass with M-Tech®L and M-Tech®S. M-Tech®P comes in stainless steel.