English Extract of AMS-DTL-22499
Please note: This is an extract of the original document and is destined to be used as a general overview for AMS-DTL-22499.
- Composition 1 – Aluminium alloy
- Composition 2 – Brass
- Composition 3 – Corrosion resisting steel
- Composition 4 – Carbon steel
- Type I: All laminations
- Type II: One-half solid shim stock
- Class 1: 0.002 inch laminations
- Class 2: 0.003 inch laminations
Construction and dimensions according to AMS-DTL-22499:
- tolerance of width and length: 1/8 inch
- thickness of finished shim stock according AMS-DTL-22499- Table II
- laminations tolerance class: 1 or 2: 0,0002” resp. 0,0003”
- thickness of bond: 0,0003”
- peel-test limits: specimen of size 1 by 12 inches: minimum 1 pound maximum 5 pounds (see ASTM D 903.)
First article inspection according to AMS-DTL-22499:
2 x specimen / sample size: one inch × 12 inch strips of him stock
1. after cure or minium time of 8 hours after production (whichever comes first) test for peel quality: during peeling the laminations shall peel without separation of the remaining portion.
2. the thickness of the single laminations (+ / – 0,002” respectively 0,003”) and the bond layer (maximum 0,0003”).
3. Peel strength testing according ASTM D 903.
Quality conformance inspection according to AMS-DTL-22499:
- Lot definition and consistance: same composition, type and class, nominal size and lateral dimensions. Manufactured under essentially the same conditions and submitted for acceptance at the same time.
- Samples: statistical sampling according to ANSI/ASQC Z1.4
- Verfiy: examination visual and dimensional compliance with the specification (s.o.).
- Material inspection: deliver certificate of materials according to the Mil- specifications relevant for the respective material. (see AMS-DTL-2299 2.4)
- Workmanship: clean, uniform in quality, free of defects causing reason for functional mal-performance.