Metal foils are thin tapes and blanks made of metallic materials.
The metal foils can be divided into two main groups:
- Metal strips which are 150 mm wide, the thicknesses range from 0.01 mm to 0.25 mm. Materials comprise stainless steel, mild steel, brass. The products can also be set with self-adhesive film (0.06 mm thick). They are packed whether in the cardboard box or wound on cardboard core.
- Metal foils and Blanks which are 150 mm wide and from 0.025 mm to 1.00 mm thick. Materials comprise stainless steel, mild steel, brass. The parts can also be supplied with a self-adhesive band (0.06 mm thick).
Please enquire for other clearances and materials.
Scope of product definition
The metal foil increments at Georg Martin GmbH range from 0.010 mm up to 1.00 mm. From the linguistic and technical point of view, the transition from foil thicknesses to normal metal sheets runs smooth and is not determinate. In addition to the metal foils mentioned, the customers can choose thicker materials for the customer-specific production.
Metal foils are manufactured by multiple rolling of the starting material.
Field of application
Metal foils are used in many industrial sectors, in the craft sector and for private use, e.g.:
- Tool-making: underlays for tolerance adjustment
- Maintenance: alignment of machines etc.
- Mechanics: fine adjustment of distances
- Electrics: shielding and conducting
- Craft and model-making; cladding, semi-finished products for further processing
It is difficult to use stamping processes for work on foils as this would require a very narrow cutting gap in the stamping tool. Other separation processes require skilful handling in order to avoid bends or ridges forming.